Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Food in huts, hardangervidda

willem

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi,

Starting july 6th, I'll be making a ten-day hike on the Hardangervidda with a friend. We're 18 and 19 years old and from Belgium, it will be our first hike in Norway.

As our previewed tour of 10 days (with tent) is a bit too long to take food for the whole period with us, we were wondering how the food supplies in the huts are. We'll probably need breakfast (muesli, ...) and "dinner" (chocolat, trekking kekse, nuts, ...) for about 5-6 days. Can we find this stuff in the huts? And what about the prices?

(we'll probably pass the huts of finse, rembesdalseter, hedlo, hadlaskard, bessa, litlos, torahytten and stavali)

Thanks !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

most of these huts, except i think finse and hedlo, are self-service, which means there are foodstocks for guests to buy. this is mostly canned dishes, and powdered soups, but also pancakes! you won't fins muesli, but there will be oats for making oatmeal... if you have a VISA i am pretty sure you can use it to pay on these huts, i never tried the foreign method, but basically you fill out a form allowing a single withdrawal from your account by the hiking association that runs the hut. this is the safest for both you and them...

i seem to remember there is a small shop on finse, but hedlo is a private hut, and they only serve dinner to their guests, however, you can buy chocolates and sodas there...

last year, stavali, had a project going, serving "tradiotional local food", if you feel like rewarding yourselves!

have a good trip :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Besso is also a private hut where you can have meals, but you can't buy provisions except chocolate bars and such. The same goes for Litlos, which is a staffed DNT hut. The best thing do is to stock up in the self-service huts. There is not only canned food but also dried food, which is good if you want to keep the wheight down. You need a DNT key to get into the self-service huts. Keys can be borrowed against a deposit at the DNT office in Oslo. I think you also have be a DNT member.

The once-only authorisation method can of course be used not only with Visa, but also with other common credit cards. It's also possible to use your bank account if you have an IBAN number. Ask your bank if you don't know it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The exact stock of each hut depends on which local organisation of DNT it belongs to. You can get inventory- and price-lists if you contact them. Hadlaskard and Torehytten belongs to the Oslo DNT organisation, I'm not sure about the others.

Prices are 2-3 times shop price for canned dinners, more expensive for the other stuff. And this is 2-3 times *norwegian* shop price, which is probably 1.5-2 times Belgium shop prices.

Of the goods you mention I haven't seen chockolate or nuts sold on self-service huts, but they do have instant hot chockolate drink, oats and biscuits.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I would have opted for carrying the food you need with you. At least most of it. Since you are carrying a tent , you will then be independant of the cabins. And you can plan your time as you want to. With som planning you can do with 600 grams pr. day of foodstuff. So ten days means 6 kilos of food.If you have dinner some days in one of the cabins you can carry 5 kilos of food. And that is feasible. And you will be free to make camp where ever you want, and dont worry about dinnertimes in the cabins.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.