Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Setesdalsheiane & Hardangervidda in june

willem

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi all,

This summer I'll try to hike and packraft my personal version of the Norge pa langs. I'll start in Lindesness 2nd of june, which means I'll be at the Setesdalsheiane and Hardangervidda plateaus mid-june (expected: Haukeliseter 15 june; Finse 22 june).

At the moment, there is more snow than the norm for mid-april and I'm a bit anxious about river crossing. I guess the summer bridges are not up yet at this time of the year? What will be the critical points? Should I be prepared to swim some crossings?

This will be my route: Knaben - Kvinen - Adneram - Taumevatn - Heibergtunet - Kringlevatn - Vassdalstjorn - Krossvatn - Mostol - Bleskestadmoen - Holmavatnhytta - Haukeliseter - Hellevassbu - Litlos - Torehytten - Viveli - Liseth - Finsehytta (E of Hardangerjokulen).

It's on an overview map here: http://transscandina...es-tyinplan.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Willem

http://transscandinavia.wordpress.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, I know the Senorge website, but I was wondering how serious the river crossings are and which summer bridges will or won't be up yet.

Going later is not really an option as I have to be back at work on the 1st of october.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi,

The challenging part will be from hellevassbu to vivelid and the last part up to the finsehytta. Midjune there will be a lot of snow in the higher part, and lakes in this parts can be icecovered. I ve have spend many many days int the western parts of the hardangervidda and we normally dont go in here before late july og august, we are fishing and need open lakes. There will still at this time be partly icecovered lakes out west in the upper region.

For question about summerbridges call the turistforeningen and ask, they can provide you with detailed information. The litlos hut are staffed from 29.06.12. Make a search at this fora, there are some info about ice and snow condition previous years somewhere.

Be aware that there are hugh difference in snowcondition between east and west of the hardangervidda, with much more snow and much later spring/summer on the western parts.

Looks like a beatifull trip, good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.